The Tempelhof airport is the largest architectural monument in Europe. The former airport impresses with its monumental architecture and reflects Berlin´s eventful history. Built between 1936 and 1941, the building stands for the self-display of the National Socialists. In 1948/49, however, the airport also became a symbol of freedom through the Berlin Airlift.
The guided tours of the airport building take an in-depth look at the historical and architectural background. Expert guides lead you to the most interesting places of the imposing building, from the former check-in hall to the areas used by the US Americans and the transit gangways with a view of today´s popular Tempelhofer Feld.
|* children (6 to 14 years), pupils, students, apprentices, social benefit receivers (Bürgergeld), unemployed recipients (ALG-I), severely disabled persons (degree of disability at least 50%)|
|Holder of the Berlin WelcomeCard get a 25% discount on the ticket price.|
Tickets can be purchased online or on-site at the visitor centre (card payment only). Cancellation of booked tickets is not possible. The number of tickets per tour is limited. For sold-out dates, no tickets are available on site either.
- The tour requires a reasonable level of physical fitness. Participants should be able to walk longer distances and climb stairs. Due to structural conditions the tour is not wheelchair-accessible.
- Sturdy shoes are recommended.
- Dogs, baby carriages, walkers and wheelchairs are not permitted on the tour.
- Changes in tour routes may occur as a result of certain events taking place on the site.
- Photography is permitted for private use only.
- In case of late arrival, participation in the tour cannot be guaranteed. The tickets will then lose their validity. There is no right to a refund of the ticket price.
- The minimum number of participants is 8. We reserve the right to cancel a tour up to 1 day in advance if the minimum number of participants has not been reached by then.
Would you like to experience the airport building exclusively with your friends, family or colleagues? We are happy to organize private group tours with our expert guides.